Mmm, is there anything better than a freshly baked cinnamon roll? Turns out there is- and that’s finding your very own easy vegan cinnamon roll recipe so that you can enjoy these bad boys anytime you like!
Whether it’s a lazy Sunday morning breakfast treat or for a family brunch in the fall, these sweet, rich rolls are always welcome.
In this recipe I’ve drizzled them with a sweet vanilla glaze, but they are also amazing with a thick vegan cream cheese frosting.
This vegan cinnamon roll recipe is so easy, with just 4 ingredients, that it is a perfect easy vegan recipe for kids. Be warned- the sugary cinnamon mix, glaze and frosting are so delicious they might not all make it out of the kitchen!
Instead of making dough from scratch, I have made these cinnamon swirls with a sheet of puff pastry (I recommend Pepperidge Farm, in the freezer section))- but if you’re wanting to make your own fluffy dough you can use a vegan dough recipe.
Using the ready made puff pastry means there is no waiting around for the dough to rise; if you make your own dough you’ll need to wait for the dough to proof (rise) in a warm place for around one hour (or overnight in the refrigerator) before baking.
In this recipe simply roll out the sheet of pastry dough, brush with melted butter, sprinkle over the sugar and cinnamon and you’re all set to start rolling! Cut into 2 inch circles and place in a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for around approximately 20 minutes (or until golden brown and cooked through).
Top with your favorite frosting or glaze and boom- a hot, soft batch of delicious vegan cinnamon rolls that are so easy kids can make them!
- 1 sheet of ready-made puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons of melted non dairy butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Unroll your defrosted puff pastry sheet
- Brush the melted butter over the whole sheet, leaving a 1cm border around the edges.
- Mix the sugar and ground cinnamon together and sprinkle the mixture over the pastry sheet, keeping the 1cm border.
- Starting from one of the shorter edges, roll the pastry sheet up into a spiral, sticking the edge down to keep the filling inside.
- Cut the roll into 2-inch slices and place in a baking tray lined with parchment paper, leaving evenly spaced gaps between the rolls to allow for rising.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for around 15 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
- Leave to cool before topping with vanilla vegan cream cheese frosting or glaze with 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar mixed with vanilla almond milk.
- Tear off a roll, sit back and enjoy!