I don’t know about you, but mention the word ‘pecan’ and I start glazing over and thinking about all the good things that happen because of those nuts… Pecan pie, pecan and maple pastry twists, candied pecans…. mm-mmm! So I just had to get some recipes on here that use pecans and here is my vegan, gluten free pecan pie cookie recipe!
These chocolate-smothered pecan pie cookies are actually pretty healthy, with nutritious gluten-free ingredients blended with that good sweetness from the dairy free chocolate. They’re perfect as a treat during fall, after you’ve made my easiest ever vegan cinnamon swirls, mini maple vegan donuts and vegan pumpkin pie of course!
This gluten free vegan cookie recipe calls for just 6 ingredients for the donuts. Yep, SIX. And they’re not exotic or unusual, they are probably ingredients that you have in your kitchen right now! I keep these babies in these pretty glass and bamboo cookie jars right on my countertop.
With no messing around with hard-to-source ingredients, these also are quick to make and perfect for whipping up a batch for Thanksgiving snacks, an office celebration or a delicious treat for morning coffee. This recipe yields 20 vegan gluten free cookies so there’s more than enough to go around!
If you’re looking for more gluten free vegan cookie recipes, I have a whole bunch coming up so be sure to use the search box and type ‘gluten free’ for more delicious recipes!
To make this vegan and gluten free pecan pie cookie recipe you simply pop the dry ingredients in a food processor together before adding the dates and shaping the mix into discs.
The chocolate dip just involves melting some dairy-free chocolate chips and dipping the cookies before leaving them to set.
That’s it, folks!
The best thing about these cookie, apart from the fact they are so easy and fast to make, is that they are perfect for customizing. You can use dark or white chocolate, add some cranberries or raisins or throw in a little pumpkin spice if that takes your fancy!
- 2 teaspoons ground chia seed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1½ cups raw pecans
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 dates
- ¾ cup melted dairy free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. In a small bowl, mix together the chia seed and water and let rest until gelled, for about 5 minutes.
2. Place the pecans, cashews, coconut flour, and salt into a food processor and blend until crumbly, for about 1 minute. Do not overmix!
3. Once crumbly, add two dates at a time until the mixture clumps together easily. Process just until dates are well mixed.
4. Shape the mixture into disks 1½ inches wide by ½ inch thick and place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Let the cookies cool and then dip the bottoms into the melted dairy free chocolate, placing back onto a silicone mat or wax paper–covered baking sheet chocolate-side up. Chill for about 20 minutes in refrigerator until the chocolate has set. The cookies will keep in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and is approximate. I cannot be held responsible for any results or effects that occur as a result of action taken by readers as a result of reading anything on this website. Recipes may be adapted.