“And in the morning, I’m making waffles!” Does anyone else hear Donkey from Shrek’s voice when they hear “waffles”? Today I’m going to share with you my recipe for the best vegan waffles- fluffy, thick, super simple and delicious!
The best waffles I ever had were flavored with just a hint of maple – I’ve put this in the ingredients list but it is totally optional, feel free to omit it and whip up regular original waffles to top with your choice of syrup, vegan whipped cream, compote or anything else that takes your fancy!
The ingredients for these waffles will almost certainly be in your store cupboard and blend together easily in one bowl for an easy, mess-free cooking experience.
Do Vegans Eat Waffles?
Um, yep, sure do! When they are dairy and egg free like this recipe, vegans are all for chowing down on some fluffy waffle goodness!
Which Frozen Waffles Are Vegan?
Kashi 7 Waffles (available at target) are wholegrain and vegan- but we prefer this home made recipe!
Are Eggo Waffles Vegan?
At the time of writing, Eggo waffles are not vegan as they contain eggs. Thankfully you’re reading the best vegan waffle recipe ever so you can still get your favorite breakfast!
To make these waffles, simply pop all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until the batter is smooth. Then place into a preheated waffle iron and cook for around 5 minutes, or until you can see your waffle is cooked right through and has a pale golden-y color.
Top vegan baking tip: Vegan waffles don’t tend to brown like regular waffles so be sure you don’t overcook it while waiting for it to brown!
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup oil (coconut, sunflower or other mild oil)]
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Preheat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions
- Place the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well and mix until the batter is smooth
- Ladle the batter into your waffle iron and cook for around 5 minutes
- Top with your favorite waffle topping and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1095mg Carbohydrates: 75g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 15g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g